- Published: 22 March 2018 22 March 2018
- Last Updated: 10 April 2018 10 April 2018
This past month was busy with preparations for belt testing and of course the competition at the Canadian National Karate Championships held in Halifax. Congratulations to our dojo members who advanced a belt level – including our three new Shodans: Sempai Peter Lawrence, Sempai Ethan Baker and Sempai Diego Ruiz.
At the national championships, the Alberta Provincial team had its best results ever, receiving 7 gold, 2 silver and 12 bronze medals. Congratulations to the entire Alberta team for their hard work and commitment. A special mention goes to Sempai Mariah Blunt for her bronze medal finish in her senior division and to Sempai Ethan Baker for his bronze medal finish in his junior division.
The coming weeks will also be very busy. On April 20 through to April 22 we have the pleasure of welcoming Soke Sensei and Higuchi Sensei to Calgary for a workshop. The workshop will be held at Ecole Rose Sauvage – the schedule has been posted. Please see the event (right) for details.
Mark your calendars for another summer camp in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. This edition is slated for July 11 to 15. Our friend German Sensei has planned numerous workshops and training sessions that will – as usual – provide great learning opportunities and lots of fun. More information about the summer camp will be provided over the next few weeks.
- Class Cancellations: Spring break week – the last class before spring break is Thursday, March 22, with the first day back at class, Tuesday, April 3.
- Calgary Open Shotokan Cup – Saturday, April 14 from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Details at Karate Alberta website.
- Soke Sensei Visit and Clinic – April 20 to April 22. Schedule has been posted. See the event for details.
- Karate Alberta Tournament – Sunday, April 29 from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Details at Karate Alberta website.
Enjoy Your Training!