- Published: 19 April 2017 19 April 2017
- Last Updated: 27 April 2017 27 April 2017
While the training schedule this month is slightly reduced because of spring break and the Easter weekend, our focus has continued on preparing for competitions and gradings. Several of our dojo athletes competed at the Junior International Cup and the US Open in Las Vegas over the Easter weekend – congratulations to them for their efforts and commitment. The Shotokan Open (April 22 in Calgary) is a tournament open to anyone interested in competing – please let me or Sempai Mariah know if you would like to enter the competition. As well, we are preparing for a visit from Soke Sensei after the May long weekend – the currently proposed schedule includes training in Canmore on Monday, May 22 and training in our dojo on Tuesday night, May 23. Please watch for additional details on training times.
Karate Alberta is hosting a National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) course: Instruction Beginner Workshop. This course will be of interest to anyone aspiring to instruct in the dojo; it covers topics such as class planning, safety, basic teaching and learning theory. The course will be held in our dojo on April 29 and 30 and is open to everyone. For more information, see the Karate Alberta website.
- Class Cancellations: No classes on Friday, May 19 for the long weekend.
- Two upcoming Casinos STILL need our help:
- Karate Alberta on May 7 and 8: http://www.karateab.org/2017-casino-volunteers-needed/
- Soke Sensei will be visiting Alberta from May 22 to May 24. Clinics are scheduled in Canmore, Calgary, and Edmonton. See the posted event for locations and schedule.
“Practice like you’ve never won. Compete like you’ve never lost.”
Enjoy your training!