- Published: 08 October 2019 08 October 2019
- Last Updated: 08 October 2019 08 October 2019
Since the school is using the gym on Friday October 18th we will hold extra kids and kumite classes this Friday, October 11th instead. See you then.
- Published: 26 September 2019 26 September 2019
- Last Updated: 26 September 2019 26 September 2019
Welcome Back to all our returning students and a special welcome to those joining us this year!
We’ve been back at training for two weeks now, so hopefully we are getting used to the routines and workouts. To ensure that we all have the best opportunity for training, please arrive 10 minutes before class begins. This way everyone gets a proper warmup before we begin. This is especially important for those attending on Friday night as we need to set up the mats as quickly as possible.
Of course, there are lots of things to remember as we come back to training, but the most important things, especially in the early weeks are these:
- Have a plan. When you come to karate, think a little bit about what you want to focus on: the movements or techniques you would like to improve or your overall mindset as you train.
- Bring intensity and spirit to every class. Though there are lots of things that we need to brush up on, or completely new techniques we are working through, but if you work hard, focus and try your best with everything, the learning will come easier.
- Be a good partner – when we pair up or work in groups, push your partner to work hard. Do the drills and techniques as instructed, but bring up your intensity because as a group, this is how we all get better.
- Payments are collected for a 3-month period and are due in advance. If you will be away for a month or more please give us sufficient advance notice and we will be happy to postpone your fee payment.
- If you plan to discontinue your membership please provide us notice via email so that we may remove you from our registration list.
- Our gallery is up and running again. Check out some new pictures from recent competitions.
- Class cancellations: October 11, October 18, and October 31 (Kids’ Class only).
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
Enjoy Your Training!
- Published: 27 August 2019 27 August 2019
- Last Updated: 27 August 2019 27 August 2019
Greetings. I hope everyone had a great summer and are ready to get back into training. Our first class of the new season will be Tuesday, September 10th at 6:00PM. Looking forward to seeing you there!
- Published: 08 March 2014 08 March 2014
- Last Updated: 26 June 2016 26 June 2016
From Karate by Jesse http://www.karatebyjesse.com
Note: I came across the following article and thought our dojo parents might enjoy it. I know I did!
Imagine the horror:
- You’ve been driving your kids to Karate class, tournaments and camps for years.
- You’ve spent boatloads of money on uniforms, belts, gradings and equipment.
- You’ve invested hundreds of hours to relentlessly push your kids to the limit.
Then one day…
BANG! They quit. Just like that. You’re heartbroken. Flabbergasted. Why?! You try to talk to them. You try to convince them to continue. You tell them they’ve come too far to quit now – give it another shot, kiddo! But nothing works. When a child makes her mind up, there’s not much you can do really.