Summer Training Camps with Coach Yevhen Motovylin.
- Published: 18 May 2023 18 May 2023
- Last Updated: 18 May 2023 18 May 2023
Registration for both camps can be found here.
14th International Soke Cup, August 11-13, 2023
- Published: 25 April 2023 25 April 2023
- Last Updated: 25 April 2023 25 April 2023
The 14th International Soke Cup will be held August 11-13, 2023 in Kumamoto, Japan. The tournament presents a unique opportunity to expand our cultural horizons, demonstrate our technical abilities, and to foster strong bonds of friendship throughout the Chito-ryu community. A package of information and registration forms can be found here. Please note registration deadline for the tournament is May 31, 2023.
How to be a Good Karate Parent
- Published: 08 March 2014 08 March 2014
- Last Updated: 26 June 2016 26 June 2016
From Karate by Jesse http://www.karatebyjesse.com
Note: I came across the following article and thought our dojo parents might enjoy it. I know I did!
Imagine the horror:
- You’ve been driving your kids to Karate class, tournaments and camps for years.
- You’ve spent boatloads of money on uniforms, belts, gradings and equipment.
- You’ve invested hundreds of hours to relentlessly push your kids to the limit.
Then one day…
BANG! They quit. Just like that. You’re heartbroken. Flabbergasted. Why?! You try to talk to them. You try to convince them to continue. You tell them they’ve come too far to quit now – give it another shot, kiddo! But nothing works. When a child makes her mind up, there’s not much you can do really.