- Published: 28 September 2020 28 September 2020
- Last Updated: 30 March 2021 30 March 2021
Welcome back everyone! We are looking forward to a new training season with all of you. COVID-19 protocols add a bit of complexity to our training sessions, but if we all follow the guidelines, we can keep each other safe and focus our energy on karate training. The following is a list of protocols to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Before participating in the fall session of training, all members (or their guardians) must sign and submit an updated waiver form. The waiver can be downloaded here.
- To help us maintain physical distancing please enter the community centre via the main entrance. After classes please exit from the gymnasium doors.
- Masks are to be worn inside the community centre at all times. Masks may be removed only during training if desired.
- To avoid congestion in the washrooms, please come to class dressed in your Gi and be ready to train.
- Please wait outside the gymnasium until an instructor comes to collect you and bring you into the dojo.
- Prior to class we will be taking everyone’s temperature and will ask everyone to sanitize. If your temperature is 38°C or higher, you will not be able to participate and must leave the community centre. Parents – please do not leave the community centre until you know that your child is able to participate!
- We have allotted a five-minute interval between classes to minimize congestion in the entryway of the community centre. As a result, it is of utmost importance that you arrive on time as we will be doing our very best to keep these intervals punctual. Please note that there will be no entry to the dojo once classes have begun – so do not be late! Again, parents – do not leave the community centre until you know that your child is able to participate!
- Parents/spectators are not allowed inside the training area. Only those participating in the class are allowed in the dojo space.
Remember – to participate in class, you (or you, answering for your child) must be able to say NO to the following questions before every class!
- Do you or anyone in your household have any symptoms including a fever greater than 38°C, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose?
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in close unprotected contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to have a case of COVID-19?