- Published: 09 June 2014 09 June 2014
- Last Updated: 26 June 2016 26 June 2016
It’s hard to believe we are into the month of June already – it has been an excellent year for the club and I am so impressed with how hard everyone has worked and all of the new skills and techniques you have acquired. Well done to everyone for your commitment and perseverance!
Over the past month we have been focussing once again on helping members prepare for testing. Our last testing before the summer break is June 14 – beginning at 9 am for the children and youth members. If you have any questions about the belt test procedure – please let me know.
Our last class before summer holidays is June 26 and we will restart on September 9 with the youth white/yellow belt class at 6 pm. Before we break for the summer, please let me know if you will be attending Soke Sensei’s summer camp – scheduled for August 7th to 10th in Canmore. All belt levels are welcome, with the camp broken into appropriate age and belt level groupings. Though it may seem daunting to have the head of Chito-Ryu karate come to visit, remember he is here to teach – and this is a great opportunity to learn more about our style and techniques. If you have any questions about the camp, please speak to me and also the check website: http://ryusan.com/SummerCamp/.
Whether or not you are planning to attend the Canmore camp, make a goal to stay active over the summer – as we all have learned, it is much easier to get back into karate in the fall if you come back feeling fit, rested and ready to learn.
“Write it down. Written goals have a way of transforming wishes into wants; cant’s into cans; dreams into plans; and plans into reality. Don’t just think it – ink it!” Author Unknown
“Sports do not build character. They reveal it.” John Wooden
Enjoy your summer!
Shihan Gary Sabean – Head Instructor
- Remember – no classes on Tuesday, June 17 as the school is using the gym.
- Congratulations to our dojo members Joseph Workman and Diego Ruiz for their excellent results at the recent Karate Alberta provincial tournament. Joseph earned two silver medals in kumite and Diego earned gold in kata and bronze in kumite.
- If you are planning on attending some or all of the Soke Sensei summer camp in Canmore, please let me know so we can effectively plan the training schedule. Remember, full details including costs are located at: http://ryusan.com/SummerCamp/.
- Before we break for summer, please kindly review your recent payments to ensure that you are fully caught up with club fees.
- Best wishes for an excellent summer with lots of fun and relaxation!