- Published: 28 August 2020 28 August 2020
- Last Updated: 02 October 2020 02 October 2020
As with almost every other aspect of life, we are all finding ways to adapt in the time of COVID-19. Our optional fun runs at Baker Park have been well-attended throughout the summer – and will continue until September 29, weather (and sunset!) permitting.
We are pleased to welcome everyone back to indoor training, beginning Thursday, October 1. However please take note of the important changes to our processes:
- Classes will be held on Monday and Thursday nights. Friday night classes are still under consideration.
- We are operating in a new location: Montgomery Community Association at 5003 16th Avenue NW.
- Note that we will be sharing the gym space with Sensei Stanley’s Shotokan karate club. Classes will remain separate and the number of participants in the gym will not exceed safety guidelines.
- Class times on Mondays and Thursdays are as follows:
- 6:30 to 7:10 (all belts)
- 7:15 to 7:55 (all belts)
- 8:00 to 9:30 (adult class, ages 14 and up)
While bathrooms/change-rooms are available, we request that participants arrive in their Gis to minimize contact in the bathroom/changeroom. As per City of Calgary Face Coverings Bylaw, please wear a mask into the dojo and while you wait for class to begin. Safely store your mask during class as you are not required to wear a mask during athletic/fitness activities. Bring your own, prefilled water bottle as water fountains are not available.
Classes will not include physical contact and will focus on fitness, individual techniques, kihons and katas as well as line drills when appropriate.
As with any activity, please stay home if you are felling unwell, if you have travelled outside the country, if you have been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or if someone in your household has COVID-19. Please wash your Gi and any training equipment regularly and wash/sanitize your hands before and after training.
If you have any questions about our fall training sessions, including protocol, fees, etc., please contact me.
Note that all participants (or their guardians) must sign and hand in a waiver BEFORE participating in indoor training. The waiver can be downloaded here.
Take care everyone. Be nice to each other and wash your hands!